A directory of ‘real’ educational resources for the liberty-minded household. This is a community driven directory, however Parents For Liberty has given each listing its stamp of approval. We encourage you to contribute, it’s free!
We use the term ‘school’ merely because this is a common expression. Home education directory is a more accurate description of this resource.
Our goal is to create the most useful home education directory on the internet.
Create Your Own
Join this co-op for free and use the combined purchasing power of the entire membership (more than 90,000 families) to save 20 – 90% on your homeschool curriculum.
Benefits of (free) Membership:
* Group Buys – Join other co-op members to get volume discounts on curriculum and more
* Coupon Center – featuring some of the deals on the Internet for homeschool educational products and services
* Homeschool Resources – free curriculum, free trip finder, contests and scholarships, local educator discounts, homeschool conferences, money tips
* eStore – save 10% and get instant access to 10,000+ eBooks, mp3′s, and more
* SmartPoints Reward Center – get SmartPoints and spend them on award-winning homeschool curriculum available through the co-op
* Free Homeschool Classifieds – buy or sell used homeschool curriculum
* Free Homeschool ID Cards – free templates to create your own or $6.95 to order hard plastic ID cards (useful for both students and teachers, especially when going on field trips to places that offer discounts to those with student ID’s or for bookstores that offer discounts with a teacher ID)
For those with iPads in your classroom, iTunes-U is an excellent resource. You can search through various documents, presentations, iBooks, and more to create an entire course your child(ren) can then complete right on their iPad. Any teacher – even those teaching at home – can sign up for free. The link below will take you to a page that tells you all about how to use this tool for students who are digitally-inclined.
Fantasic site for exploring music with your child(ren). There are activities where they can learn about various instruments and composers or play games like ‘Percussion Showdown’ or ‘Orchestration Station’. If your kid(s) like playing computer games and learning about music, this free site is for you.
November is National Novel Writing Month, but you can download and print these free .pdf workbooks to assist your child(ren) in completing the challenge of writing an novel in 30 days any time you want. There are three different workbooks, one for elementary, one for middle school, and another for high school students.