A directory of ‘real’ educational resources for the liberty-minded household. This is a community driven directory, however Parents For Liberty has given each listing its stamp of approval. We encourage you to contribute, it’s free!
We use the term ‘school’ merely because this is a common expression. Home education directory is a more accurate description of this resource.
Our goal is to create the most useful home education directory on the internet.
Join this co-op for free and use the combined purchasing power of the entire membership (more than 90,000 families) to save 20 – 90% on your homeschool curriculum.
Benefits of (free) Membership:
* Group Buys – Join other co-op members to get volume discounts on curriculum and more
* Coupon Center – featuring some of the deals on the Internet for homeschool educational products and services
* Homeschool Resources – free curriculum, free trip finder, contests and scholarships, local educator discounts, homeschool conferences, money tips
* eStore – save 10% and get instant access to 10,000+ eBooks, mp3′s, and more
* SmartPoints Reward Center – get SmartPoints and spend them on award-winning homeschool curriculum available through the co-op
* Free Homeschool Classifieds – buy or sell used homeschool curriculum
* Free Homeschool ID Cards – free templates to create your own or $6.95 to order hard plastic ID cards (useful for both students and teachers, especially when going on field trips to places that offer discounts to those with student ID’s or for bookstores that offer discounts with a teacher ID)
Online classes are an excellent fit for many homeschooling families. Older students who are able to work independently tend to do great in this setting, whether working on a single course here and there or completing their entire high school curriculum online.
K12 is a great resource for parents looking to supplement their teaching with online classes. If the thought of teaching Algebra is giving you nightmares, online classes might work for your family. If you click on the link in the upper-right hand corner to Request Information, they will send you a free information kit for your review.
From the website:
K¹² puts decades of educational research, plus planning and progress tools at your disposal, whether you need just one course or a complete, integrated curriculum. In short, K¹² has solutions to meet your educational needs.
K¹² provides everything you need to help your kids get an exceptional education:
- Best-in-class online lessons and quality hands-on materials
- Teaching guides
- Built-in planning tools to take the guesswork out of what your child should be learning each day
- Built-in progress tools to easily track your child’s progress and modify the pace each day
Our materials kits come complete with virtually everything you need for each grade or lesson, so you minimize preparation time and can focus on teaching. We also offer online placement tests to ensure that your child is placed at the grade level that best suits his or her needs.
November is National Novel Writing Month, but you can download and print these free .pdf workbooks to assist your child(ren) in completing the challenge of writing an novel in 30 days any time you want. There are three different workbooks, one for elementary, one for middle school, and another for high school students.